Lectures, Workshops & Courses
Healing & Consultation
Tea & Incense
Healing Ways Blog
Kenneth Cohen Home
THE QIGONG RESEARCH & PRACTICE CENTER
Director: Kenneth S. Cohen
Qigong is a powerful and enjoyable way to enhance health, vitality,
awareness, and athletic performance. Qigong includes both personal
wellness training and Therapeutic Touch-type therapies to treat
clients or patients. The Qigong Research & Practice Center was
founded by renowned Qigong Master Ken
Cohen (Gao Han) in 1981 in the Indian Peaks Wilderness region
of the Colorado Rockies. The Qigong Research & Practice Center
offers lectures, workshops, classes, and
teacher training both in Colorado and throughout the world.
We also offer consultation, referrals, and educational materials.
The mission of the Qigong Research & Practice Center
(1) Educate the public about the health and life-enhancing
benefits of qigong practice.
(2) Teach qigong self-healing techniques, including both
Chen and Yang Style Taiji Quan, for personal well-being and to health-care
professionals for patient education.
(3) Teach External Qi Healing (Chinese Therapeutic Touch),
a method of qi (life energy) assessment and treatment.
(4) Establish ethical and professional standards for qigong
practice and training.
(5) Promote qigong as Complementary and Alternative Medicine
by introducing it in medical and health education and through specialized
schools devoted to qigong.
(6) Encourage dialogue, respect, and cooperation among various
healing paradigms and modalities.
(7) Explore and teach varied applications of qigong, including
qigong for sports conditioning and performance; qigong for balance
and integrity in business management and decision making; qigong
to increase artistic and poetic sensitivity; and qigong as a path
of spiritual enlightenment.
(8) Supervise university graduate students who conduct research
related to qigong.
(9) Provide assistance through academic research, consultation,
networking, and referrals.
(10) Conduct business in an ethical and ecologically responsible
- An Earth-Friendly Business
Did you know with only 5% of the worlds population, the
United States has the highest per capita consumption of energy
in the world? The U.S. uses
--30% of the planets total natural resources including
--25% of the worlds fossil fuels
--20% of the worlds metals
The Qigong Research & Practice Center believes that personal
health cannot be separated from planetary health. We maintain
the following earth-friendly practices:
- We use recycled paper, packaging
material, checks (printed with soy ink), and other recycled
- We recycle and reuse our own materials whenever
- We use only biodegradable cleansers.
- Our toilet is an ultra low flush model.
- We support local businesses that support the
- We recycle electronic hardware and batteries only in a safe, eco-friendly manner, contributing neither to landfills nor the shipment of toxic substances to other countries.
- We are actively involved in local political
and environmental decision making and have, through personal
testimony, stopped polluters in their tracks.
- We donate money regularly to environmental and
indigenous rights groups.